Saturday, January 20, 2018

5 Birth Affirmations for the Badass Mom-to-Be



Sitting in my pjs, dogs crowding both sides of my 39-week-pregnant-self in my husband's recliner I've come to realize I'm either over being pregnant or I am just a different kind of pregnant woman.

Now don't get me wrong; if you feel an instant loving bond with your unborn babe, power to you sister! I mostly feel like half my day is spent thinking, "Levi! I swear kick me one more time and see what happens..." (But honestly what is going to happen? Not like I can swat him through my ever-bulging belly) and the other half reading ways to evict him... (Pineapple anyone?) I know some women just LOVE the intimate bonding of pregnancy and looking for that perfect set of affirmations and birthing playlist. This. Is. Not. Me.

Initially I worried this meant I wasn't prepared to "mom." I don't get teary eyed at ultrasounds and baby kicks. I felt somewhat guilty, especially since Levi will be our rainbow baby.  But I'm realizing now I'm far from alone; tons of moms are like this and we need our own set of affirmations! Some are more "thoughtful factoids" and others are just a reflection of my somewhat crude humor... Enjoy these and feel free to share with other moms-to-be that could use a little more in-your-face approach to birthing motivation.

*Warning* Some mature language ahead...

1.  My personal favorite... Its kinda been my mantra the whole time... I KNOW its going to be painful, let's not beat around the bush about that. But a little humor goes a LONG way...

Want to see more like this one? Check out the My Domestic Mess blog!

2. Let that sink in just a little... You do the same thing a lion, a tiger, a bear and [insert other badass mammal] do. You do it with support of others, a doctor, a douala, a midwife... Yet we doubt ourselves. Don't. You've got this!


3. 60 seconds is NOTHING. That one minute contraction is such a short bit of time. You've been doing hard things the last 400k+ minutes. (Yes, I used a calculator to figure out the minutes in 9 months) What's another minute?


4. I've always been told if you believe you can't... you're right. If you believe you can... you're also right. We need to quit saying we "can't" do something when everything says we can... short, simple and to the point with this one.


5. And we'll leave it off on a humorous note... if a chicken can do it on the daily, you've got this for today! Speaking of which, anyone else craving Chik-fil-a? No, just me? Ugh #pregnancycravings





Want more affirmations? Check out my Pinterest board I'm constantly adding to here!

Do you have any favorite mantras or affirmations? Something that hit you just right? I'd love to hear about them! Leave us a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment